What Does Nursing Home Malpractice Look Like?
As a trusted negligence lawyer, Anthony Makarov has seen a lot of nursing home abuse cases come through his law firm. While the signs of neglect are clear to a professional dedicated to serve and protect his fellow community members, they may not be readily evident to others. To help each family keep their loved ones safe in nursing homes, we’re providing you with this list of red flags that may indicate signs of nursing home malpractice.
- Any unexplained injuries
- Bruises, scars, or welts on the body
- Broken or dislocated bones or joints
- Weight loss or dehydration
- Head injuries
- Recurring infections
- Improper consumption of medication
- Drastic personality changes
- Unreasonable agitation or fear
- Neglect complaints
- Family members are not allowed to be alone with loved ones
- Living conditions are filthy or unsafe
- Patient has bedsores from infrequent changes
- Patient exhibits poor personal hygiene
- All other signs of physical or emotional abuse mentioned above
Reporting Nursing Home Neglect
Although it’s difficult to discover your loved one isn’t being treated with the care and respect he or she deserves, it’s up to you to take action against this injustice. To ensure your family members and, frankly, all other members of the elderly community don’t suffer from continued abuse, you can file a complaint with the Adult Protective Services, an organization that protects and assists adults who suffer from abuse in New York. Furthermore, you should also hold the nursing home accountable for malpractice by choosing a trusted lawyer to file a lawsuit against them.
With Anthony Makarov by your side, you can correct this great injustice and win fair compensation for your loved one’s pain and suffering, injuries, and medical expenses.